When buy way more Halloween candy than you needed, make these leftover Halloween candy cookie bars! They’re soft, chewy, and loaded with candy chopped candy bits. Pile more candy on top to REALLY load them up. You can never have too much candy!
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup (175g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup chopped candy (tiny bite-sized pieces), plus more for the top
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- For the candy that will be going on top of the cookie bars, chop what is needed and place in the freezer (this does not include the 1 1/4 cup of chopped candy going inside the bars).
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line a square 8×8 baking dish.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the butter and sugars, followed by the egg and vanilla.
- When smooth and well combined, use a rubber spatula to fold in the dry ingredients followed by the chopped candies.
- Spread the batter into the pan and top with an even spread of dark chocolate chips. They will melt and become the glue that holds all the candy on top, so get a good even cover of chocolate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Right when they’re done baking, pull the candy from the freezer and immediately decorate the bars while the chocolate chips are still melted.
- Top with a generous pinch of sea salt and refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until the bottom of the pan is no longer hot.
- Lift the bars out, slice, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: halloween candy, cookie bars, leftover halloween candy, halloween dessert, halloween candy cookie bars, leftover halloween candy cookie bars