These flourless peanut butter cookies are made with just five ingredients and are the easiest cookies you will ever make. Since this is a flourless recipe, these are also naturally gluten free peanut butter cookies with a soft and chewy texture!
- 1 cup (250g) natural crunchy or creamy peanut butter *peanuts should be the only ingredient
- 2 tbsp honey *or maple syrup for vegan option
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg *or 1 flax egg for a vegan option
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling *optional
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips + 1 tsp coconut oil *optional – for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- The dough will appear thin at first, but just keep mixing until it turns into a thick dough that no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoon-sized balls and roll between your hands.
- Place the balls about 2 inches apart from each other on the baking pan. Then use the back of a fork to press the cookies flat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges look just a hint darker and the center appears slightly underdone.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt when they’re fresh from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- They are delicious on their own, or you can take it a step further and dunk the cookies in chocolate.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and place on a plate or tray lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Chill for about 20 minutes or until the chocolate is set. Enjoy!
1 flax egg = 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water. Mix together in a small dish and let it sit for about 10 minutes to gel before use.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: flourless peanut butter cookies, five ingredient peanut butter cookies, gluten free peanut butter cookies, gluten free cookies, flourless peanut butter cookie recipe