These vegan pumpkin cookies are soft and gooey on the inside, and lightly crisp on the outside. Load them up with chocolate chips for some extra flavor and gooiness!
- 1/4 cup plant-based butter, room temp
- 1/4 cup Natural SunButter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed (or coconut sugar)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (or GF all purpose flour w/ xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, SunButter, sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla using an electric mixer.
- Once smooth, mix in the dry ingredients.
- As an optional step, fold in the chocolate chips. Make sure to use vegan chocolate chips if needed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop 5-6 cookies onto the baking sheet spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. They should be slightly puffed up when fresh from the oven and will settle and flatten as they cool.
- Enjoy while they’re still warm or store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days*.
- *Your cookies may turn green in the middle the next day. They haven’t gone bad! It’s just a reaction between the sunflower seeds and baking soda and is very common.
Keywords: vegan pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookies, vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies