This tofu-based vegan baked feta pasta is roasted with cherry tomatoes and zucchini and mixed with roasted red peppers and gluten free pasta. It’s so flavorful and creamy that you would never even know it’s dairy free.
- 16 oz cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini (about 2 cups), diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz dry gluten free pasta*
- Fresh basil for sprinkling
Vegan Feta Cheese
- 14 oz block organic firm tofu, drained
- 2/3 cup (100g) raw unsalted cashews, boiled for 10 minutes
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white miso (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
Olive Oil Drizzle
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4–1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the tomatoes, chopped zucchini, and garlic to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Then make the vegan feta. Drain the soaked cashews and combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon the feta into the center of the baking dish.
- Drizzle the entire dish with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then sprinkle with the salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme. You can choose to add 1/4 or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper, depending on your spice preference.
- Rub the outside of the red pepper quarters with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then place them around the feta, but don’t let them touch if possible (see picture in post for reference).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the feta has a golden crust, the red peppers are blistered, and the tomatoes are tender and bursting.
- While that bakes, boil your gluten free pasta of choice. Then strain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking any further. If the gluten free pasta is too soft, it may break when mixing into the sauce.
- When it’s ready, take the entire dish out of the oven and carefully remove the red peppers using tongs. Wrap the hot peppers in foil. The steam will loosen their skin and make it easy to peal off.
- While those steam, stir the cheese, tomatoes, and zucchini together. You may need to mash a couple tomatoes as you stir, but the vegetable juices should help create a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Now peel the skins from the red peppers and slice into strips. Toss with the sauce, along with the pasta.
- Once evenly coated, sprinkle with fresh basil and it’s ready to serve. Enjoy!
GLUTEN FREE PASTA – I prefer to use brown rice pasta as it’s much stronger than chickpea or lentil pasta, so it doesn’t easily break when mixed with the sauce. My favorite is the organic brown rice pasta from Trader Joe’s (only ingredient is organic brown rice). But feel free to use your favorite tried and true pasta! Whether that’s gluten free or standard.
NUTRITION INFO 1 serving = 597 calories | 25g fat | 70g carbs | 22g protein
Keywords: baked feta pasta, vegan baked feta pasta, vegan pasta bake, creamy vegan pasta, gluten free pasta