These easy no bake crunch bars are similar to scotcheroos, but are made with crispy rice squares, salted pretzels, kettle cooked potato chips, and dark chocolate on top. They’re extra crunchy with a chewy texture and subtly sweet flavor. It’s the perfect salty sweet treat!
- 1/2 cup (164g) light corn syrup (pure maple syrup or honey can be subbed*)
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (180g) creamy SunButter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (41g) crispy rice squares
- 1/2 cup (30g) salted pretzels, roughly crushed (reg or gluten free)
- 1/2 cup (30g) kettle cooked potato chips
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup (60g) creamy SunButter
- A handful each of crushed potato chips & pretzels
- A sprinkle each of salted sunflower seeds & flaky sea salt
- First measure out the rice squares, pretzels, and potato chips in one bowl and set aside.
- Add the corn syrup and sugar to a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves but don’t let it reach a boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in the SunButter and salt. Then mix in the rice squares, pretzels, and potato chips.
- Grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Allow the paper to hang over the sides for easy removal.
- Tightly press the mixture into the pan. It’s ok to crush some of the rice squares, as long as it’s all packed in.
- Place in the refrigerator while you make the topping.
- Add the chopped chocolate and SunButter to a heat safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Pour on top of the crunch bar mixture and spread it even.
- Top with some crushed pretzels, potato chips, and sunflower seeds and salt.
- Chill for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set. Then slice and enjoy!
*If you’d like to swap out the corn syrup, pure maple syrup or honey can be used. Just know that the bars might not be as chewy but still delicious!
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake bars, no bake crunch bars, salty sweet bars, salty sweet crunch bars