Millionaire shortbread bars layered with gluten free shortbread, SunButter caramel, and salted dark chocolate! They’re buttery, soft, and so easy to make.
Gluten Free Shortbread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (with xanthan gum)
- 1 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy SunButter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed until you reach a paste-like consistency.
- Mix in the salt and flour until combined. At this point the dough will look loose and crumbly. Add a tablespoon of water to bring it back together. If still crumbly, add another tablespoon.
- Press the dough into the bottom of your pan and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let it sit out to cool while you make the caramel.
- In a saucepan, add the butter, maple syrup, and SunButter. Over medium heat, melt down the ingredients and stir to combine. Continue stirring just until it starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour it over the cooled shortbread and spread it even if needed. Place the pan in the fridge for the caramel to set. About 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once set, melt the chocolate. Place a heat-safe bowl over a pot filled with about an inch or two of water. Add the chocolate and butter to the bowl and bring the water to a simmer (never a boil).
- Stir until fully melted. Pour over the caramel and spread even. Place the pan back in the fridge for an additional 30 minutes to set.
- Sprinkle some flaky sea salt on top before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: millionaire shortbread, millionaire bars, gluten free shortbread, gluten free millionaire shortbread