This dark chocolate mousse is made with real dark chocolate for a thick and rich consistency. Using coconut cream, sunflower seed butter, and maple syrup, this recipe is also completely gluten free and vegan!
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 7 oz vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup (90g) Natural SunButter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (165g) pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut whipped cream, optional topping
- Fresh berries, optional topping
- Remove the chilled can of coconut milk from the refrigerator and turn it upside down. Use a can opener to cut the bottom and pour out the clear coconut water, leaving behind the coconut cream (about a heaping 1/2 cup).
- Scoop the coconut cream into a large heat-safe bowl and add the chocolate and SunButter.
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir the mixture until smooth and melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Keep mixing until it’s completely smooth and well combined.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes or until the bowl is no longer warm on the bottom.
- Once chilled, whip the mousse using an electric hand mixer. Mix on high speed until lightened and fluffy.
- Distribute the mousse between 6 small dishes and add your favorite toppings. Eat right away or store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: vegan chocolate mousse, dark chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse recipe, easy chocolate mousse, dairy free chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse