These no bake chocolate dipped raspberry mousse bars are a delicious decadent treat that’s so easy to make!
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely ground (regular or gluten free)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups (140g) fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 16oz Dolci Frutta Chocolate Melting Wafers (use code 20BUTTERNUT for 20% off)
- Freeze dried raspberries (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients and tightly press into the bottom of an 8×8 square baking dish lined with parchment paper. Let the paper hang over the edges for easy release.
- Place in the refrigerator while you make the mousse.
- Add 1 cup of raspberries to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a small saucepan and press the raspberry puree through. Discard the seeds.
- Add the cornstarch and lemon juice and continue to stir over medium heat until it starts to bubble. By this point, it should be very thick. Remove from heat.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar. Mix using a hand or stand mixer (paddle attachment) until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream on high speed until you reach stiff peaks.
- Back to the cream cheese, mix in the raspberry puree until smooth.
- Add half of the whipped cream and gently fold to combine, then fold in the other half.
- Take the crust out of the refrigerator and scatter the remaining 1 cup of raspberries on the surface.
- Pour the mousse on top and spread it even.
- Cover with plastic wrap, gently pressing it onto the surface of the mousse, and chill in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until completely firm.
- Once chilled, pull the bars out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Make four even slices on one side and then turn and make 2 slices to give you 15 bars. Place the bars back in the freezer while you melt the chocolate. It’s important they remain frozen solid while coating in chocolate.
- Take 1 8oz Dolci Frutta container and melt according to the directions on the package. It shouldn’t take more than 60-90 seconds total in the microwave.
- Take only half of the bars out of the freezer to coat in chocolate while the other half remains frozen. Again, it’s very important that the bars are frozen solid when you coat them in chocolate so if you notice they start to soften, just place them back in the freezer before continuing.
- Dunk a single bar into the chocolate and use a fork to nudge the bar and cover both sides. Pull it out using the fork and slide on to a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Continue to cover as many bars as you can with this one container, then transfer all covered bars to the refrigerator. Once you run out of chocolate, melt the second container of Dolci Frutta chocolate and cover the remaining bars that are still in the freezer.
- Once all of the bars are covered, drizzle with any excess chocolate and sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set, then enjoy!
- Store in a container in the refrigerator where they will keep for up to 5 days.
HALF RECIPE – You can also cut this recipe in half and shape in a 9×5 loaf pan. You should get about 7 bars that are slightly larger than the ones shown here.
Keywords: raspberry mousse, mousse, mousse bars