This gluten free skillet cookie is full of oats, chocolate chunks, and drenched in an easy homemade caramel sauce. It’s the perfect dessert to make for a party! Or yourself…also totally acceptable.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp and cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temp
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F and butter your cast iron skillet.
- Chop up your chocolate and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt your butter and mix it into your sugars, using a whisk or electric mixer (paddle attachment), in a large mixing bowl.
- Let it cool for a couple minutes then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Once smooth, gradually mix in the dry ingredients. If doing this by hand, switch to a wooden spoon.
- When the dry ingredients are fully incorporated, fold in the chopped chocolate. You can reserve a handful to dot the top of the cookie if you like.
- Evenly spread the dough in your skillet and pat it down with your hands. Bake for 15-20 minutes for a doughy center. Add on 5-10 minutes for a well-baked cookie.
- In a small saucepan, melt the sugar over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly until it’s fully melted. This should take 8-10 minutes.
- Once melted, stop whisking and let it brown. Keep a close eye on it as this happens quickly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter. Slowly pour in the heavy cream and whisk. Finally, mix in the salt.
- Let it rest for a couple minutes before drizzling on top of your cookie.
- While the cookie is still warm, top with ice cream and caramel sauce. Now dig in and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: gluten free skillet cookie, chocolate chip skillet cookie, easy caramel sauce