Rich espresso brownies swirled with peanut butter and topped with peanut butter cookies, cups, and chocolate covered coffee beans.
Peanut Butter Mocha Brownies
- 6 tbsp (85g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) vegetable oil (or canola, almond, avocado, melted coconut..etc)
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
- 1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (70g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chips or chopped
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- Mini unwrapped peanut butter cups
- Mini peanut butter cookies (I used NutterButter bites)
- Dark chocolate covered coffee beans
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, oil, sugars, and espresso powder.
- Once combined, mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it even. Drizzle the melted peanut butter over top in a zig-zag pattern and swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 15 minutes, then press in your toppings.
- Chill the brownies for about an hour to set, then slice and enjoy!
VEGAN – I haven’t tested it, but use melted coconut oil for your oil, swap the butter with vegan baking sticks and the eggs with two flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 5 tbsp water and let it sit for 10 minutes to gel). Also make sure to use vegan chocolate and toppings. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
GLUTEN FREE – I haven’t tested it, but swap the all purpose flour with gluten free baking flour (with xanthan gum mixed in). My favorite is by Bob’s Red Mill. Also make sure to use gluten free toppings.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: brownies, espresso brownies, peanut butter brownies, peanut butter mocha brownies