Soft pizza crust topped with peanut butter, caramelized bananas, and a drizzle of dark chocolate.
- 2 – 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 yellow bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, or plant-based butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Mix in the warm water and oil using a wooden spoon. The water should be a warmer than room temperature, but not too hot.
- At this point the dough will be very wet. Mix in another cup of flour and it should come together as a very shaggy dough.
- Now work the dough with your hands. Keeping the dough inside the bowl, knead the dough and add 1/4 cup of flour if the dough is still very stick after kneading for about 1-2 minutes.
- In the end you should be left with a smooth and soft dough. Press a clean finger into the surface and if it doesn’t stick, it’s ready. If it sticks, keep kneading and add another 2 tbsp of flour. Shape it into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- After 10 minutes, the dough may not puff up and that’s OK. Line a pizza pan or large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour.
- Place the dough into the center and press it down into a 12″ circle. Use a fork to prick holes all around the center of the pizza and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.
- While the pizza bakes, prep the caramelized bananas. In a large skillet, heat the butter and honey over medium heat until melted and bubbly.
- Once it starts to bubble, place an even layer of bananas (you may have to fry in 2 batches). Let the bananas cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the bananas onto a plate and allow to cool. They may be very soft but they will firm up as they cool.
- Once the pizza crust has cooled, spread on an even layer of peanut butter.
- Top with the bananas and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.
- For the chocolate, heat the chocolate and oil in the microwave for 30 seconds. Drizzle onto the pizza and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: dessert pizza, caramelized bananas, peanut butter banana